Sunday, October 12, 2008

Image printing

Recently, i did send lots of image for printing. There is a need to update the pictures in our living room, which are apparently 5 or 6 years from the last update....

My images were from my canon 40D and 570is, which are in 3:2 and 4:3 aspect ratio respectively. I want an image printing without any/much cropping by the photo printer shop. And after much consideration, the standard 4R (4x6 ins) and 6R (6x8 ins) printing is the best suit for 3:2 and 4:3 aspect ratio. And it will cost me B$0.25 and B$2.00 each. If i want to print 3:2 aspect ratio larger, then i have to use "modified" 8R (8x12 ins), which cost me B$3.50 at the shop. I have not try 5R (5x7 ins), but i think the cropping will be alot.

Looking through the standard printing sizes at the shop and standard photo frames, it occurs to that the standard aspect ratio 4:3 seem to be more around. This makes me wonder, i should have push myself for olympus E3.

Note, i did check online for the price of E3 and the price now is still the same as in April 2008 (when i bought my 40D) but now comes with flash 50R and can redeem vertical battery grip and quick battery charger worth AUD$7++.00. This is for Australia.

I personally still like the 4:3 aspect ratio, and my 570is does this. I tink i can compose better with this aspect ratio. Hmmm looking at the olypus E520 is tempting enough for a start.

The catch, if i use 4:3 ratio then i can't practically print out-right on the cheaper and reasonable price of 4R. But 6R printing size look good personally and reasonable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home